Get Extra Outdoor Space to Enjoy
Contact Us for Walk Deck Installation
A walk deck is a flat, surfaced area intended for foot traffic. It gives you an additional area in which to enjoy outdoor living. You can have a walk deck in your garden, on an upper level of your home or even on a rooftop. If you live in or around Phoenix, call Arizona Roofing Systems for a walk deck installation. In addition to being licensed, bonded and insured, we have the expertise to:
- Add granules in the final coating of the walk deck that makes the surface slip-resistant and prevents the coating from cracking and breaking.
- Make your walk deck long-lasting – even with high foot traffic – by using a polyester Tie-Tex fabric above the base coat.
- Keep the deck cooler with an energy-efficient white or tan elastomeric coating.
- Address leaks on an existing walk deck, which occur most often at seams and edges.
- Restore a walk deck that is cracking, peeling, blistering or whose elastomeric material is wearing thin.
Walk Deck Installation Best Practices
- First, the pros at Arizona Roofing Systems pressure-wash the walk deck. It needs to be very clean because we are applying an acrylic-based coating that needs to adhere.
- After the wash, we put down two gallons per square (sq. = 100 sq. ft.) of the base coat. After that, the polyester Tie-Tex fabric is applied over the base coat. Another two gallons per square is then applied on top of the fabric.
- We allow it to sit for 24-48 hours before applying the final top coat, which has granules mixed in the elastomeric to give it a non-slip surface.
- We do touch-ups and a clean-up, to ensure a professional job.
Pro tip: Your walk deck should be cleaned before and after monsoon season, especially if you have trees of any kind where debris can cause blockages in water drains.