Arizona Roofing Systems, metal roofing systems in Mesa, AZ
Tips& info about Metal roofs from Sonny the cow!
Metal roofs are not as abundant here in the valley as much as tile and shingle. They are more expensive but last a lifetime. But there are a few things that you should know about your Metal roof!
- There are different types of metal roofs including standing seam, R-panel, stone coated steel and others
- Standing seam is one of the more common roofs as shown in the picture above
- Most metal roofs will last 40+ years
- Valleys, penetrations, and AC units on the roof are the most susceptible areas for a leak to occur
- Stone coated steel is by far the most durable of the metal roofs along with the longest warranty
- You can add insulation under most metal roofs to add energy efficiency
- Standing seam, R-panel and corrugated metal will fade after 20-30 years unlike stone coated steel
- There are a variety of colors for metal roofs
- Your roof should be cleaned before and after monsoon season, especially if you have trees of any kind where debris can cause blockages in the way water drains
- Metal roofs are extremely durable and long lasting, but the cost is greater than for a traditional shingle or tile roof
- When doing touch up work on the panels, the paint will be close to the original but not 100% due to years of deterioration from the sun
- Be sure to hire a professional who is licensed, bonded, and insured to protect yourself
When installing a new metal roof, we remove and dispose of the current roofing system. We inspect the substrate to see if any decking needs to be replaced. We then install the new underlayment and begin to install the panels. Depending on the type of metal roof, the panels can snap-lock into place or be screwed into place. All trim work is completed and final touch up is done to ensure a nice clean look.